Week Three Agenda
Thursday 14 September
Even Before Class formally begins… Sitting on the floor, back to back with a partner…Describing details…or Listening to the Blocks….
- Lisa Sugar, Field Placement Coordinator 10:10AM
- Writing a better Blog Post, take one
- The meaning of Grace in college according to Shutkin…
- Please bring a prop to class today that relates your thinking about education to the Ayers readings for today.
- The Art of Awareness | In these readings, we will examine how our own experiences influence our perceptions.
- Monday 18 September | Annual Geller Lecture
- About Next Thursday 21 September| Rosh Hashanah | Happy New Year 5778 | No Class!
- 1. William Ayers | To Teach: The Journey, in Comics:
- Ch 1. Opening day: the journey begins / p. 1
- Ch. 2. Seeing the student / William Ayers p. 13
- Ch 3. Creating an environment for learning / William Ayers, p. 33
- BlogPosts: Course vs. Field
- To Teach: The Journey, in Comics
- The Art of Awareness (part 1)
Assignment Due Monday 18 September: BlogPost3