Overview Reading 9 | The New Teacher Book: Finding purpose, balance, and hope during your first years in the classroom. pp. 249-272.
- Moving Beyond the Classroom By Stan Karp
- Q/A: As a new educator why should I be concerned about school privatization?
- School Funding Basics By Stan Karp
- Why Teacher Unions Matter By Bob Peterson
- New Teachers to the Union: Count Us In! By Gabriel Tanglao
New Map: School Funding Inequality
The American Federation of Teachers is a union of professionals that champions fairness; democracy; economic opportunity; and high-quality public education, healthcare and public services for our students, their families and our communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism, and especially through the work our members do.